Monday 28 November 2011

We have lift off! SKoW away...

After much debate, I have narrowed my fabric choice down to these:
I am lucky enough to work at Cobar Quilt Shop a couple of days a week. We have these Nancy Holvorsen fabrics, "Forever Spring" - my family gave me these for my birthday this year;). Perfect for the Some Kind of Wonderful quilt! I also have selected these from my "stash" and purchased a few new ones for the beige tones-background fabrics...

So...here I go! With maybe a few changes here and there as I find new fabrics... I am sick of reading about needle turn techniques, I think I have read every internet entry on the subject! Just going to wing it, maybe try a couple of different ones and see what I like best. I plan on changing a couple of the blocks a bit...making them a bit more relevent to me...Question: is changing the "old blue jeans" to "comfy trackie daks" daggy? lol...Please tell me what you think. I am on the SAL side bar Suze ( adopted by Kate ). Thankyou Kate for adopting me.. and Chookyblue for letting her!!!

And finally a pretty rose from the garden. It's a Delbard Rose named "Grimaldi" and is beautiful, handles our heat and is great in a vase. Have a great day! Suze.

6 comments:

Show and Tell said...

Go you good thing....Great to see you have made a start....alas i have not...lol....Get running with it because now I will have to catch you....The rose it beautiful just like your adopted mother....xo

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great choice of fabric...

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

What an amasing choice of fabrics. Your quilt will look beautiful in them.....talking about the fabrics...... are there any bundles left inthe shop? Might need one for me :o)

Chookyblue...... said...

hey Suze.......glad to see you have picked fabrics for the SAL.......and glad you are able to join in the SAL fun via Kate..........beautiful rose........

Susan said...

Love your fabrics Suze - good luck with SKOW.

Kylie said...

Love the rose!